Purgatory

There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

moments

I left work today at exactly 4.05pm. I stepped onto the car park and my eyes were instantly drawn to the setting sun.

The clouds were arranged in a rolling pattern of dark grey, their undersides splashed with hues of purple and orange. In the middle of the colour and just barely visible through a slit in the cloud, was a tiny finger nail moon, almost transparent in the last of the blue sky. For a minute I was awestruck, its beauty just stopped me dead in my tracks.  

Despite the obviously different tinge to the evening light, no body even so much as stopped to look, all apart from one person that is. A small child shouted ‘look at the sun!’ as her mom tugged her along.

It struck me as being a little sad that the only people who have time to stop and appreciate the world around them are little kids and low life day dreamers like me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home