Purgatory

There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

Monday, November 21, 2005

A cold snap

And not just the weather. A time of year is approaching that slowly but surely turns the majority of people I know into miserable, grumpy, moaning gits. And the reason for this is simple, money. Everyone wants to spend money. Gone are the days when you could spend a couple of quid on a present for someone you loved and actually have it mean something, gone are the days when the thought actually counted more than the gift itself. Now it’s ipods and digital cameras, mobile phones and expensive perfumes. It’s all a little bit sad.  

This year I’m trying to do something different and actually pour some thought into my gifts whilst not spending a lot of money, and no, it’s not because I’m tight, it’s because I still believe that you can make someone happy without going into the red. My boyfriend is getting a piece of art work from me because he loves the fact that I draw and keeps harping on about me not drawing anything for him. My sister and brother in law are going to receive a book -well a photo album to be more exact- entitled ‘the life of Ben’. All the pictures they have of him are locked up in their PC, so I’ve had 50 of the best printed and placed in an album for them. Hopefully they’ll like it.

As for the rest of my family… who knows. I might yet sell myself out and go spend all my money on tacky, materialistic things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home