Living in the country that dreams of made of.
What I once saw as a proud and noble country, I now see as the lap dog to a greater power.
The first time I ever voted, I voted for new labour. I’m not ashamed to admit it. I was young and voting was a big step into the world of adulthood for me, the fact that I wasn’t educated enough to make the right decision didn’t phase me, I just wanted to vote.
But now, now is a different story. It seems that every time I turn on the television or read the newspaper, I wince as another sordid tale of corruption or shake my head at another government blunder is revealed.
The most recent events that come to mind are;
- The revelations that paedophiles have been cleared to work in our schools.
- The release of hundreds of foreign criminals back into British society when they should have been deported.
- Family tax credits being miscalculated resulting in £2 billion worth of overspending (and the government has the audacity to ask people to pay it back! Do the calculations right first time)
- Labour ‘rewarding’ donors with peerages
- NHS having to cut jobs (What?)
- The rarity of NHS dentists (also known as the NHS dodo)
- Old two jags affair with his secretary (oh dear lord was she blind deaf and stupid?)
- Crime, crime, crime and more crime. Criminals released early to re-offend, people on probation committing murder, light sentencing..