Purgatory

There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

Friday, March 25, 2005

Nepal - Day 2

Arrived yesterday and decided that the weather is a bitch, so feckin hot and humid you wouldn’t believe it, but the smell hasn’t changed. I woke up this morning, opened the door to my balcony and was greeted by the site of a filthy great monkey raiding next door neighbours underpants off her line. Needless to say I shut the door and ran in very quickly, but not before I’d caught that smell. A smell of dirty water and dust mingled with the scent of curry and spice. I love it. The air is still at this time in the morning, heavy and calm, just waiting for the men in their rickshaws to break out and spoil the tranquillity. I could picture myself living here sometimes.

Time difference is ok really, 5hours and 45 minutes ahead of GMT, easy.

Oh and to my surprise Ravi –the managing director of the amadablam adventure group which is based in the blue star- still rembers me! in fact he has given me so much free stuff you wouldn’t believe it. Anything to help drum up much needed business I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home